Tips from our Naturopath:
- Our bodies do a lot of important work whilst we’re sleeping that’s imperative for both our physical and mental health, as our immune system may not be able to function at its best without adequate shut eye.
- When we sleep, the pituitary gland in our brain releases growth hormone, which helps the body to grow & repair itself.
- Maintain a routine time of going to bed (dull I know) but once you start doing this at the same time every day, your body will get used to it & begin to recognise this as time for sleeping.
- Avoid sugar, alcohol (2 hours before bed), caffeine, nicotine & large meals in the evenings.
- Ditch the screens (phone, laptop, TV etc a good 60 minutes before bed) – read a book by dim light and have a sleepy time herbal tea.
- Have a small handful of pistachios, 1-2 kiwi fruit or some tart cherry juice before bed which have all shown in studies to aid sleep.
For all age groups.
6 drops under the tongue, in a half glass of water or in drink/milk bottle before bed and throughout the night as needed.
The oral dose in a 30mL bottle, dosing twice a day will last around 2-3 weeks.
A vibrational infusion of water and flowers: Brown Baronia, Hops Bush, Pink Fairy Orchid, Purple Flag Flower, Rose Cone Flower. Australian organic alcohol (trace amount as preservative).
To give this little flowery mix the best fighting chance of shelf life we use a small amount of Australian organic vodka as a preservative (being less than one drop of alcohol per dose).
For those who are looking to avoid ingesting any alcohol, the 6 drops can instead be applied to wrist pulse points, topically to the crown of the head or diluted in water.
You can also place the drops into hot water (about the temp you’d drink a cup of tea) which will evaporate the alcohol. Ta-dah! Magic ☺